Here’s how you can produce great travel articles:
1. Learn from the experts. Before you start writing, I suggest that you read as many travel articles that were written by renowned travel writers first. Focus and take note of the elements that make their articles stand out from the crowd. Although it’s recommended that you learn from them, make sure that you do not copy their style. Remember, if there is one thing that can help you stand out from the crowd, it will be originality.
2. Plan your content. Start by listing down all the ideas that you would like to discuss. Then, explain each using short paragraphs. While you’re at it, forget about making your content flow smoothly. Focus on putting all your ideas into writing first until you finish creating your first draft. I suggest that you write your articles using conversational tone. Make them entertaining and enjoyable to read to give your audience great reading experience.
3. Check and revise. Leave your draft for a while or until such time that you have forgotten what you’ve written. Then, read it out loud. Through this, you’ll easily figure out what you need to improve. You may also need to rearrange your paragraphs to make sure that your content will flow smoothly.
4. Ask for feedback. Once you are 100% satisfied with your articles, show them to neutral third parties preferably to those people who understand the ropes of writing travel articles. These people can help you identify the areas where you need to improve and the things that you can do to make your article better.
Writing travel articles is fun especially if you love going to different places. It’s just like writing your own journal and trying to capture each moment you spent on the place that you’ve visited. However, you need to think of your readers when writing your travel articles so you can easily capture their attention and eventually, easily get through to them.
Here are some useful tips in writing travel articles:
1. Get to know lots of adjectives. As you’ll be required to describe every place your visit, every tradition you witness, and every person you meet, it will work to your advantage if you learn about lots adjectives that can help you effectively describe everything you encounter during your trip.
2. Write with clarity. Write using simple terms. You can’t possibly excite or engage your readers if you make your articles difficult for them to understand. Use their language and the words that they can easily identify with to avoid confusion.
3. Make your articles balanced. Unless your goal is to promote a certain place, it’s highly recommended that you offer your readers with balanced information. Don’t just focus on telling your readers all the positive things that you’ve experienced. You must also tell them the not-so nice things that happened during your trip. For example, you can tell them if you had a bad experience at the hotel where you stayed.
4. Use conversational tone. Traveling spells out fun. So, don’t write your articles as if you’re writing an entry for an encyclopedia. Write with excitement and enthusiasm. Write your articles the same way you’ll tell your friends about your great adventure.
By the way, would you like to get the newbie-friendly insider’s secrets to building a stable, thriving business online… year afte
Do your travel articles sound lousy and boring? Then, here’s how you can make them more explosive:
1. First, I suggest that you write about a place that is not that popular but worth exploring. I’ve been doing my research and I realized that most travel article writers are always writing about the same tourist destinations over and over again. They don’t get tired writing about Paris, Las Vegas, etc. To easily set yourself apart from the rest, I recommend that you take the road less traveled. Go to exotic and exciting places that other travelers dare not to visit. Through this, you’ll surely be able to capture the attention of travel enthusiasts and you’ll easily make a name in this field.
2. Writing style. It’s very important that your articles sound relaxed and laid back. Remember, your goal is to take your readers to the place you’re exploring so you don’t need to sound too formal at all. Use conversational tone. Communicate your discoveries with excitement and enthusiasms. The same way you’ll do when you talk about your adventures with your friends and family members.
3. Use visuals. Your articles will surely become more explosive and more attention-grabbing if you use pictures preferably those that were taken by a professional photographer. You see, images are the key to really take your readers in your journey. Insert your pictures between your paragraphs and make sure that they compliment the text next to them.
4. Check your articles. Read your articles before you make them available to your audience. Make sure that they’re interesting and enjoyable to read. Also, ensure that they don’t contain any error.